Heather has just been named one of 5 finalists for the $10,000 Bernard Ebb Songwriting Award, with the final performance March 8 at Bethesda Jazz & Blues Supper Club!
"A Message in the Mess" is closing in on it's 2nd birthday - and the awards keep coming!!!! Heather was selected a No Depression Magazine/Freshgrass Festival songwriter award finalist, and earlier this summer also showcased as a National Women's Music Festival Emerging Artist. Heather's first solo studio CD (she's also a 17-year member of Baltimore's ilyAIMY) netted her:
- MOST WANTED at the Falcon Ridge Folk Fest (catch her winning set Aug 2018)
- TELLURIDE TROUBADOR Top-4 Finish at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival
- ALBUM OF THE YEAR from the Mid-Atlantic Song Contest Director's Award
- Honorable Mention from the Rocky Mountain Folks Fest
- 2-Time Semi-finalist Bernard-Ebb Songwriter Award
"Melissa Etheridge, Carly Simon, Janis Joplin, Anthony Kiedis, Cass Elliot and Joni Mitchell blended together and injected into a spark plug with curly black locks." - The Montgomery Caller